* indicates mentored student
- Rafferty, NE, JM Diez, and CD Bertelsen. In review. Climate change drives divergent and nonlinear shifts in flowering phenology across elevations.
- Ollerton, J, and 74 others, including NE Rafferty. 2019. The diversity and evolution of pollination in large plant clades: Apocynaceae as a case study. Annals of Botany 123:311-325. pdf
- Rafferty, NE. 2017. Effects of global change on insect pollinators: multiple drivers lead to novel communities. Current Opinion in Insect Science 23:22-27. pdf
- Morton*, EM, and NE Rafferty. 2017. Plant-pollinator interactions under climate change: the use of spatial and temporal transplants. Applications in Plant Sciences 5:1600133. pdf
Rafferty, NE, and PD Nabity. 2017. A global test for phylogenetic signal in shifts in flowering time under climate change.
Journal of Ecology
105:627-633. (authors contributed equally)
- de Keyzer, CW, NE Rafferty, DW Inouye, and JD Thomson. 2017. Confounding effects of spatial variation on shifts in phenology. Global Change Biology 23:1783-1791. pdf
- de Keyzer, CW, SR Colla, CF Kent, NE Rafferty, LL Richardson, and JD Thomson. 2016. Delving deeper: questioning the decline of long-tongued bumble bees, long-tubed flowers and their mutualisms with climate change. Journal of Pollination Ecology 18:36-42. pdf
- Rafferty, NE, CD Bertelsen, and JL Bronstein. 2016. Later flowering is associated with a compressed flowering season and reduced reproductive output in an early season floral resource. Oikos 125:821-828. pdf
Rafferty, NE, PJ CaraDonna, and JL Bronstein. 2015. Phenological shifts and the fate of mutualisms.
- Rafferty, NE. 2013. "Pollination Ecology." For Oxford Bibliographies in Ecology. Ed. DJ Gibson. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Rafferty, NE, and AR Ives. 2013. Phylogenetic trait-based analyses of ecological networks. Ecology 94:2321-2333. pdf
- Rafferty, NE, and NM Waser. 2013. Book review: Evolution of Plant-Pollinator Relationships, Ed. S Patiny. Quarterly Review of Biology 88:238-239.
- Rafferty, NE, PJ CaraDonna, LA Burkle, AM Iler, and JL Bronstein. 2013. Phenological overlap of interacting species in a changing climate: an assessment of available approaches. Ecology and Evolution 3:3183-3193. pdf
- Scaven*, VL, and NE Rafferty. 2013. Physiological effects of climate warming on flowering plants and insect pollinators and potential consequences for their interactions. Current Zoology 59:418-426. pdf
Gilman, RT, NS Fabina, KC Abbott, and NE Rafferty. 2012. Evolution of plant-pollinator mutualisms in response to climate change.
Rafferty, NE, and AR Ives. 2012. Pollinator effectiveness varies with experimental shifts in flowering time.
- featured on journal cover
Rafferty, NE, and AR Ives. 2011. Effects of experimental shifts in flowering phenology on plant-pollinator interactions.
- Rafferty, NE, and JW Boughman. 2006. Olfactory mate recognition in a sympatric species pair of three-spined sticklebacks. Behavioral Ecology 17:965-970. pdf
- Rafferty, NE, PD Boersma, and GA Rebstock. 2005. Intraclutch egg-size variation in Magellanic Penguins. Condor 107:921-926. pdf